Sunday, January 20, 2013

30 Day Challenge

Every so often I feel inclined to start some type of bet regarding food habits. I get in a funk and plateau and the best way out is to mix it up for awhile. The choices I am currently making aren't necessarily bad, I just like change. I've done a lot of week long cleanses and elimination of specific foods, etc.
This month my challenger will be Debbie! Woohoo! Deb and I will be doing a 30 day run of PALEO plus an additional water bet. We will track the next 30 days. Each day you stray from Paleo you have to pay $5. Each day you don't get at least 64oz of water you pay $1. At the end of 30 days the money is spent on going out (semi counter productive with the reward- I know).
If you're interested in more about Paleo check out the links below:
 Zoey and I went shopping today for containers for her new lunch box. She starts preschool Tuesday and has to pack her lunch. We then went to Costco and the grocery store to stalk up on lunch snacks. If you know me, you know I do not purchase bread. I can not remember the last time I purchased a loaf of bread.  Bread is my weakness. My grandma and I discuss how when we would buy warm French Bread at the store we would both buy two; one for dinner and one for the drive home. A loaf of bread lasts 2-3 days in my house. I eat it plain, nothing on it. Delicious. Well, I knew this day would come... the day I had to start buying bread again because I had a child who needed a sandwich for lunch. Not only that, but mini bagels as a morning snack, too. Paleo starting tomorrow and I now have a giant enemy in my pantry. Oh, it tastes so good! 

Culprit number two that will bring this challenge some difficulties. Candy. I have an obsession with candy. Starburst, SourPatch, Mike and Ike's, Skittles, etc. Below is my candy swipe machine in my classroom. These two specific pictures were from ME eating all of the candy, not the kids. The kids are always wondering where it all goes. They are onto me now. They watch it daily and comment if I've been eating too much of it. It used to sit by my desk, that was a disaster. Now it sits on the other side of the classroom so I at least have to commit to walking over to it. 
Goal - not give into this bread or candy for 30 days, along with all the other snacks floating around. 
Finally - time to consume more water!
Interested in running this challenge with us, let me know! The more the merrier, plus the going out fund would have potential to get larger! 
Pretty eye opening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment